Promoting Health and Fostering Dignity and Respect
Wherever you are on life’s path, The Mayflower offers a full continuum of on-site healthcare options in a caring environment that promotes independence and fosters dignity. Thanks to our on-site staff physician – as well as our long-term relationship with Florida Hospital’s Family Practice Residence Program – residents have regular, on-site access to medical doctors. So, from basic checkups to physical therapy to post-operative rehabilitation, we offer both excellence and convenience.
Our healthcare services include:
- The Dr. John Fleming Geriatric Clinic. Staffed by nurses and a board-certified geriatric physician, our clinic is available to residents who have minor ailments, require diagnostic care or need services such as flu shots or blood pressure checks.
- Rehabilitation Services. The Mayflower is equipped to treat a wide variety of conditions ranging from orthopedic to neurological, including Parkinson’s disease and strokes. With more than 80 years of collective experience, our highly trained and specialized staff includes an on-staff director of physical therapy, physical and occupational therapists and assistants, a speech/language pathologist, a lymphedema therapist, and specialists certified in LSVT voice technique programs for people with Parkinson’s.
- At-Home Care. Occasionally, residents living in Villas or apartments may need some extra help with day-to-day activities such as light housekeeping, personal care, meal preparation or assistance with medication. If needed, we will deliver these services right to your door. For independent and assisted living residents who need help after a stay in the hospital or Health Center, our Home Health Agency can provide a nurse, an aide and therapy services.
- Health Center Assisted Living. The Mayflower offers studio and one-bedroom Assisted Living Residences in a warm and friendly setting. Care is provided by a team of trained, caring professionals, including a licensed nurse on duty 7 days a week; certified nursing assistants to aid with personal care; housekeepers to handle cleaning and laundry; and a recreational coordinator.
- Skilled Nursing. For years, The Mayflower’s on-site, 60-bed, state-licensed Health Center has met the highest standards in long-term care. Staffed by dedicated professionals, the Health Center meets both short-term and long-term nursing care needs.